Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why blog Shabbos?

Shabbos is the focal point, destination, goal, and driving force of every day, week, month, year, lifetime, existence. It is both the fuel and the energy, through which Hashem sustains our lives.

I've never lived without Shabbos, and I could never imagine doing so. It is a "Sanctuary in Time" (Abraham Heschel), a retreat from the craziness of our weekday lives, a brief escape into eternal bliss to turbo-charge us and prepare us for the following week, and help us recooperate from the previous one as well.

I hope to write and read lots more about shabbos as this blog evolves and transforms into an organic entity of its own. Please indulge yourself with my words.

For now, I hope to post stuffs I learn and thoughts i think about shabbos, the parsha (weekly Torah portion), upcoming holidays, and any other Jewstuffs I deem appropriate. I'd love your feedback and responses.

Peace, Love, and Happiness (read: Torah) to all.

Best,
Yosef

1 comment:

  1. there is a great torah from Rav shlomo how we are supposed to live shabbat during the week. Bzrat Hashem i will post it

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, feedback, happiness, etc.